- Pass the Balance Budget Amendment
- Reduce currently spending levels by 15% across the Federal Government
- Reduce the current Federal Civilian workforce by 15% and eliminate these positions.
- Enact a three-year moratorium on new hires.
- Chris would encourage the Executive Branch to prioritize losses allowing for the significant retention of Servicemembers, Border Patrol and Coast Guardsmen.
Reducing spending is only one facet of this problem set. Audits are a useful tool to ensure regulatory compliance and fiscal management. In 2018 National Defense Authorization Act, Department of Defense was ordered to complete an audit. This spring, 2021, the Department of Defense determined a complete audit was not possible three years later for a myriad of accountability factors. This is criminal. As of yet, no Federal employee has been fired for this. Audits with punitive repercussions must be incorporated within each Department Fiscal Budget. It’s time for taxpayers to know where each of their dimes are going and what they are paying for.